After having not used a battery-operated electronic device for quite some time, you might find that the item doesn’t work. Thinking that the batteries have run dead, you open the back to find the batteries caked with a chalky white substance that has a distinct metallic smell. Your batteries have corroded.
Thankfully, unless the damage is severe, you should be able to fix the problem. Cleaning the corroded area is simple, but work carefully so as not to burn your skin. You should prepare some tools: gloves, washcloths, white vinegar, a small bowl, cotton swabs, a small bowl of water,
If the electrical appliance is not used for a long time, please remove the battery. Although some electrical appliances are not in use, the internal circuit of the battery is connected, and the battery has been self-discharged. After a long time, there may be the possibility of leakage.