#1-First, Let Me Introduce the Components of Alkaline Batteries?
Steel can, conductive graphite, separator paper, cathode mix, collector nail, sealing plug, negative cap, sealant and so on. The cross-sectional view is as follows：
#2-The Production Steps of Alkaline Batteries Are as Follows:
– Making cathode rings, (Main ingredient of cathode rings: manganese dioxide, graphite,potassium hydroxide solution), to mix together them to form a black granulated material, then is pressed into rings.
– Put the cathode rings into steel can, usually one battery needs three rings.
– Apply sealant to the inner wall of the bottom of steel can, this step is to prepare for the subsequent installation of the sealing ring
– Insert separator paper. The open steel cans are placed on the conveyor for transportation on the assembly line. A paper strip is rolled into a small tube and sealed on the bottom, formed separator, then it is inserted into the middle of the cathode rings.
– Add electrolyte: After the separator inside the battery can, then injected electrolyte, which is absorbed by the separator and the cathode rings, through a big table, let the electrolyte adsorb on the separator paper uniformly , the whole absorbing process will cost about 40 minutes.
— Add anode materials, (main ingredient of anode materials: zinc powder, potassium hydroxide electrolyte and zinc oxide, they are mixed to form zinc gel, While the separator is absorbing the liquid electrolyte, the gel is injected into the inner part of the separator.
– Insert a current collector as cathode terminal,the current collector is formed of brass nail, plastic seal ring and metal bottom. The current collector is like one stopper, it is inserted into the zinc-gel anode of the filled battery.
– Seal, in order to finally close the battery, the upper edge of the steel can is bent over the stopper unit and is thereby sealing the battery. Up to this step, one naked battery is completely finished.
– The naked battery is packed in a plastic tray and sent to the storage room for static aging. This process takes at least 15 days. The temperature in winter is relatively low and needs to be extended by 1 week. This process is to show the defective battery.
– Packing, when the naked batteries go out from storage room, firstly tested by voltage and current, the defective products are automatically rejected by the machine.
– Into warehouse and arrange delivery
By the time the alkaline batteries end up on shelves, and then in our shopping baskets, they have a long journey behind them. Even though batteries are small, a lot of steps are involved in getting them ready for sale.
At this point, the entire production process is over. The battery will be sampled and inspected in the warehouse, and then transported to the supermarket or store by sea, land, or air, and finally into your home.